Join Da Vinci this Thursday at the Peter Piper Pizza at 5700 North Desert Boulevard, just north of Da Vinci! Stop by any time from 11 A.M. to 9 P.M., order any of your favorites from the menu for dine-in or take-out, and mention "Da Vinci". Peter Piper will donate a portion of the proceeds to Da Vinci’s seniors and it won’t cost you extra! Hope to see you there!
We will be dismissing early on December 18, 2020. Students will be dismissed by grade:
|Lunch and Dismissal Times|
Le avisamos que los alumnos saldrán temprano el viernes 18 de diciembre, 2020.
|Horarios de Almuerzos y Salidas|
El Paso Inc. unveiled the latest of their prize winning publications in November, the "Best of El Paso" Edition 2020. The edition invites the community to vote for El Paso’s "best of the best" in several categories. The publisher’s site offers that the issue’s intention is to help both local residents, out-of-town visitors as well as potential new residents as they "explore our beautiful bicultural city and best it has to offer."
Thank you El Paso!
Show off your artistic skills and enter the International Club’s T-Shirt design contest! Your design could be chosen as your class’ official T-Shirt! Deadline for submission is November 13, 2020.
Submit a design for your class shirt (6th graders submit a design for 6th grade, 7th graders for 7th, etc.). Your design must include:
- The school name: "Da Vinci School for Science and the Arts" or "Da Vinci"
- The current year: 2020-2021
- Your class:
- 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors
- Make sure your design is colored and is school appropriate
- Limit your design to no more than three colors (stick to school colors). Be creative!
- Class T-Shirt Colors:
- 6th grade: light gray
- 7th grade: dark gray
- 8th grade: navy blue
- Freshmen: hunter green
- Sophomores: gold/yellow
- Juniors: black
- Seniors: white
We will be dismissing early on October 30, 2020. Students will be dismissed by grade:
|Lunch and Dismissal Times|
Le avisamos que los alumnos saldrán temprano el viernes 30 de octubre, 2020.
|Horarios de Almuerzos y Salidas|
We have great news! We have started using social media as a way to keep in touch with you about the latest news, events, and notices. Please follow us on our official Facebook and Instagram accounts!
Howard Burnham Elementary
The Linguistic Academy of El Paso
Vista del Futuro Charter School
Burnham Wood Charter Schools are having Red Ribbon Spirit Week on October 26-30. Find your campus below to see the theme for each day. Remember: all costumes must be school-appropriate and no masks (other than the usual face covering) are allowed.
Da Vinci Spookylicious WeekParticipation in Da Vinci’s Spirit Week requires a wristband available at the front office. The cost is $2 per day or $7 for the whole week with proceeds benefiting the Senior Trip. Students without a wristband must wear their uniform.
- Rise of the Dead Monday (Oct 26): Wear your favorite pajamas
- Monster Tuesday (Oct 27): Choose between Team Boo or Team Sully and Mike
- Decades Day Wednesday (Oct 28):
- Middle School: Hippie/Disco
- High School: Bikers/Surfers
- Teachers: Rock in the 80s
- Monsters University Thursday (Oct 29): Wear your favorite sport team jersey
- Freaky Friday (Oct 30): Show us your best costume! (No masks or weapons)
Howard Burnham Elementary Red Ribbon WeekParticipation in the Howard Burnham Elementary Red Ribbon week is free! Students not participating must wear their uniform.
- Be Happy. Be Brave. Be Drug Free! (Oct 26): Wear red to kick off Red Ribbon week!
- You have to POWER to say NO! (Oct 27): Superhero Day (No masks or weapons)
- We dream of a life without drugs (Oct 28): Pajama day
- I’m a "jean-ius"! I Choose to be drug free! (Oct 29): Wear your jeans and a sports shirt.
- Your character counts! (Oct 30): Dress up like your favorite character. (No masks or weapons)
Linguistic Academy Red Ribbon WeekParticipation in the Linguistic Academy Red Ribbon Week is free! Students not participating must wear their uniform.
- Pajama Day (Oct 26): Wear your favorite pajamas
- Superhero Day (Oct 27): Dress up like your favorite superhero (No masks or weapons)
- Western Day (Oct 28): Dress up in your best western day attire.
- Class Color Day (Oct 29): Wear as much of the color for your grade as you can!
- Pre-K: Pink
- Kindergarten: Green
- 1st: Yellow
- 2nd: Blue
- 3rd: Red
- 4th: Purple
- 5th: Orange
- Administrators and Staff: White
- Character Day (Oct 30): Dress up as your all-time favorite character. (Movie, Book, Video game…) (No masks or weapons)
Semana del Listón Rojo de la Linguistic Academy¡Participación en la Semana del Listón Rojo de la Linguistic Academy es gratis! Los estudiantes que no participen deben usar su uniforme.
- Día de Pijamas (26 de Oct): Viste tus pijamas favoritas (Tiene que ser apropiado para la escuela)
- Día de Superheroes (27 de Oct): Vistete como tu superheroe favorito (No se van a permitir mascaras or armas)
- Día de Viejo Oeste (28 de Oct): Viste tu mejor traje vaquero
- Día de Color de Clase (29 de Oct): Muestra tu orgullo y apoyo a tu clase. Viste la mayor cantidad posible del color de tu clase.
- Pre-K: Rosa
- Kindergarten: Verde
- 1ro: Amarillo
- 2do: Azul
- 3ro: Rojo
- 4to: Morado
- 5to: Anaranjado
- Administradores y Personal: Blanco
- Día de Personajes (30 de Oct): Disfrázate de tu personaje favorito. (Película, libro, video juego) (No se van a permitir mascaras o armas)
Vista del Futuro Spirit WeekParticipation in Vista del Futuro’s Spirit week costs $1 per day or $4 for the whole week. Proceeds benefit Student Council. Students not participating must wear their uniform.
- Mismatched Monday (Oct 26): Show off your bizarre, mismatched clothing
- Travel the World Tuesday (Oct 27): Clothing from around the world
- Sports Gear Wednesday (Oct 28): Wear your favorite sports attire
- School Spirit Thursday (Oct 29): Dress in your Viper colors! (Green, Blue, and Gold)
- Halloween Friday (Oct 30): Show us your best costume! (Weapons, masks, blood, revealing costumes prohibited)
Attention Da Vinci Student Leaders!
If you are interested in being considered for membership in Dr. G’s Superintendent’s Leadership Academy 2020-2021, e-mail email@example.com by Tuesday, September 29th at 4 P.M. If you were Leadership Academy or Junior Academy members last year, you are already on the list to be reviewed by administration so no need to send an email. All students, both face-to-face and virtual are eligible to sign up. Criteria considered for membership includes:
- Discipline Record
- Academic Standing
Administration will review candidates and invite notices will be sent to those selected Friday, October 2nd. Members will:
- Meet with the Superintendent throughout the year to learn what it takes to be an effective leader
- Serve as an ambassador of our schools at functions
- Serve as a voice of the Da Vinci student population
- Be eligible to serve as a Superintendent Intern when a Da Vinci senior.
Dear Da Vinci Parents and Guardians,
Students will be having an early dismissal on Friday, September 25, 2020 due to Parent Teacher conferences. Students will be attending 2nd, 4th and 6th periods only.
- 2nd period: 8:15 A.M.-9:45 A.M.
- 4th period: 9:50 A.M.-11:20 A.M.
- Lunch: 11:20 A.M.-12:20 P.M.
- 6th period: 12:25 P.M.-1:15 P.M.
- 6th & 7th graders: 1:05 P.M.
- 8th & 9th graders: 1:10 P.M.
- 10th-12th graders: 1:15 P.M.
Da Vinci Administration Team
The National Honor Society (NHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These four pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1921.
Our Induction Ceremony was held in December 19, 2019. In attendance were parents, family, and staff. Our school principal, Mr. Medina, gave special remarks to the NHS members. This formal candle-lighting ceremony marked the establishment of the Da Vinci School for Science and the Arts chapter of the National Honor Society. Inductees recited the NHS pledge and participated in the lighting of their individual candles to signify their entry into the NHS. This event was chaired by a committee of Da Vinci teachers and administration, who had the honor of welcoming new members into the NHS chapter.
The hard work and dedication of Ms. Cangas has led to the establishment of the Da Vinci School for Science and the Arts chapter of the National Honor Society. Ms. Cangas, a former student member of the National Honor Society herself, recognized the importance of providing the opportunity of NHS for Da Vinci students. Ms. Cangas worked alongside Mr. Colby to organize and establish the National Honor Society at Da Vinci, with the goal of elevating and highlighting some of the school’s brightest and most dedicated students.
The Four Pillars of the National Honor Society are Leadership, Service, Character, and Scholarship. Students selected for the inaugural members of Da Vinci’s National Honor Society embodied these qualities in exceptional ways. Leadership signifies the ability for our students to rise-up as leaders in their school and community, both in high school and in the future. Service represents the students’ dedication and commitment to charity and the well-being of others. Character denotes the qualities of honesty, dedication, work-ethic, and respect necessary for being shining members of our school and community. Finally, Scholarship speaks to the academic success and prowess of our remarkable young students.
Admission into the Da Vinci School for the Science and the Arts chapter of the National Honor Society was based on a combination of academic success and integrity, the ability to communicate effectively through writing, responsibility in accruing volunteer hours within the school and community, and a devotion to the scholarship and academics of our school. Each member’s admission packet was carefully pored by a selection committee of teachers at Da Vinci, with the best, brightest, and hardest-working students gaining entry into the National Honor Society.
Our members include:
- Sebastian Banuelos
- Emiliano Figueroa
- Fatima Garcia
- Daniela Gardea
- Jonathan Herrera
- Xavier Litman
- Mia Maldonado
- Nasya Moncada
- Reagan Rubio
- David Baca
- Gavin Begin
- Yesenia Contreras
- Zachary Cross
- Warren Goodell
- Ruben Lopez
- Francisco Molinar
- Amelia Rubio
- Jacob Sanchez
- Luna Segura
- Sebastian Velez
- Maya Avila
- Montserrat Cota
- Jimena de la Torre
- Victoria Garcia
- Natalia Figueroa
- Jocelynn Hernandez
- Jesus Olivares
- Isabella Perera
- Atziri Reyes