Viper Military Resources

Marks of the (Left to right) U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast GuardWe are honored to serve the children of your family whether Fort Bliss is your new home post or if you’re deployed and sending your children to Vista del Futuro. We hope that the information presented on this page will ease your transition into our community.

Transferring to Vista

The registration process is detailed on the district enrollment page. As an open-enrollment charter school, we have an enrollment lottery. If you are arriving outside the registration period, contact the campus at (915) 855-8143 to ensure slots are available. Vista del Futuro serves students in grades Pre-K (three- and four-year olds) through six. Transportation is available to Da Vinci School for Science and the Arts, our secondary school serving grades six through twelve.

In a nutshell, here’s what you should bring when enrolling:

Completed enrollment packet
See the district enrollment page for the latest version of the packet

Certified copy of birth certificate
Can’t find it? Our registrar can help with proof of identity/age.

The child’s Social Security card
If you are unable to find it or the child does not have one, you can bring it later.

Proof of residency
This should have the parent/guardian name on it. Not settled in yet?

Official/unofficial academic records
Examples: Report cards, attendance, grade placement, discipline, Special Education, Section 504

Immunization Records
Can’t find it? If they’re included in records from your previous school, we can use those.
Extracurricular activities
Mention any activities/clubs your child participated in so we can connect you with coaches/leaders
Pre-kindergarten is available for both three- and four-year olds. Pre-K is free for children of an active duty member of the armed forces, national guard, or reserve component of the armed forces who is ordered to active duty by proper authority.

Alternate Forms of Proof of Residence

Ordinarily, we would require proof of residence, such as current utility bills with the student’s physical street address and name of a parent or guardian. However, if you’re not settled in yet, you can bring your orders establishing your transfer to Fort Bliss. Texas state law requires that we receive your proof of residence within ten days of the arrival date specified in your orders. Your residence can be temporary lodging if you do not have a home or apartment yet. If you pay your bills electronically, let our registrar know. Please contact the school at (915) 855-8143 if you have any questions.

Vista does not have attendance areas or boundaries (other than a requirement to live in either El Paso or Hudspeth counties), so you do not have to worry about whether your new home or apartment is within a specific area.

Academic Planning

We do not have graduation requirements, as we are a Pre-K3 to 6th Grade school.

Vista del Futuro offers a highly effective high-rigor curriculum that is designed to prepare all students for the academic challenges presented at Da Vinci School for Science and the Arts. As early as grades PK3 and PK4, students are taught critical foundational skills and a love for learning that will allow them to thrive throughout their most formative years, then excel in Middle and High School. Students are highly encouraged to participate in one of the many opportunities for skill enhancement after school, including robotics, sports, linguistics and the fine arts. A year-round Prescriptive Tutoring Program allows all students the support needed throughout their time in our highly competitive programs. Vista del Futuro offers:

  • Blue Ribbon/Honor Roll Schools
  • High Rigor STEM Curriculum
  • Dual Language Offerings
  • Science and Engineering Focus
  • After-School Programming to Enhance Academic Skills

Departing Vista

Although we are sad to see your child go, we hope we can make your child’s transition to a new home post smooth. Whether you are in the El Paso area, at your new home post, or somewhere between, contact our registrar to request records. Your child’s new campus can also request records from us on your behalf.

Other Resources