Every student has unique needs when it comes to maximizing their potential for success. Dr. G.’s Prescriptive Tutoring Model accommodates these needs through employing proven strategies, strategies effectively used in large districts of which he has been charged with leading. The model involves gathering information from multiple sources to create the "right" tutoring plan for a student. These sources include:
- student performance in the classroom;
- student performance on highly respected national assessments;
- student learning style;
- student learning strengths and weaknesses; and
- teacher, parent, and student input.
Dr. G.’s proven Prescriptive Tutoring Model will take advantage of the Spring and Summer 2020 Tutoring Assessment Data towards an integrated Online/In Person Prescriptive Tutoring Program to be implemented this coming 2020-2021 school year.
Tutoring Session Agendas
Spring Superintendent’s Intern Tutoring Program 2020April 27th – May 22nd
- 8 Tutors (9 student scholars)
- 34 Students participated
- 128 Tutoring sessions conducted
- Grades tutored: 2nd grade-11th grade.
- Disciplines: 2nd-5th grade Math/Reading, 6th-8th grade Math, Science, English, Social Studies, 9th -12th grade Math, English, History, Spanish, French, Sciences, and Computer Science
Summer Tutoring Program 2020June 1st- June 25th
- 11 Tutors (9 student scholars, 3 adult staff)
- 52 Students participated
- 161 Hour-long tutoring sessions conducted
- Grades tutored: Kinder-11th grade
- Disciplines: Kinder-5th grade Math/Reading, 6th-8th grade Math, Science, English, Social Studies, 9th -12th grade Math, English, History, Spanish, French, Sciences, and Computer Science