Our Board of Directors Our distinguished community leaders have shown their commitment to improving education by their hours of service, their sound advice and guidance, as well as their unwavering confidence in the school leadership.
- Rogelio Chacon, President. Mr. Chacon earned an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Technological Institute of Ciudad Juárez in Mexico. Mr. Chacon is employed as a Human Resource Officer with Becton Dickinson. Mr. Chacon joined the Governing Board in 2016 and has two children enrolled in Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts.
- Mr. Carlos Kaplan, Vice President. Mr. Kaplan earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin. Mr. Kaplan is self-employed with First Finance, Kaplan Mortgage. His volunteer work includes serving as the Lions Club Director, and the Jewish Federation. Mr. Kaplan joined the Governing board in 2003.
- Mr. Stanley Esparza, Board Member. Mr. Esparza earned an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from The University of Texas at El Paso. Mr. Esparza is employed as an Information Technologies Specialist with C3i Solutions. In 2006, at the National Homeless Management Information System Conference, Mr. Esparza received the Annual Homeless Assessment Report Award for his work with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. Mr. Esparza joined the Governing Board in 2013.
- Mr. Chad Friedrichsen, Board Member. Mr. Friedrichsen earned two undergraduate degrees in Web Design and Software from the University of Phoenix and Western Governors University respectively. Additionally, Mr. Friedrichsen earned a graduate degree in I.T. Management from Western Governors University. Mr. Friedrichsen is employed as an I.T. Specialist with Americas. Mr. Friedrichsen joined the Governing Board in 2018 and has one child enrolled at Vista Del Futuro Charter School.
- Mr. Pedro Velazco, Board Member. Mr. Velazco received an undergraduate degree in Engineering in Electronics from Technological Institute of Ciudad Juárez in Mexico, and he earned a graduate degree in Business Administration from Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education in Mexico. Mr. Velazco is employed as a Senior Manager of Engineering with Becton Dickinson. Mr. Velazco joined the Governing Board in 2019 and has one child enrolled at Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts.
- Mr. Eric Summer, Board Member Emeritus. Mr. Summer earned an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Louisiana State University and a graduate degree in Computer Science from the University of Southern Mississippi. Mr. Summer is employed as a Senior Software Engineer with Excelis. Mr. Summer joined the Governing Board in 2014 and had one child enrolled in Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts who recently graduated.
Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
- 2019-2020: $140,000.00