Our BoardOur Board of Directors Our distinguished community leaders have shown their commitment to improving education by their hours of service, their sound advice and guidance, as well as their unwavering confidence in the school leadership.
- Rogelio Chacon, President. Mr. Chacon earned an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Technological Institute of Ciudad Juárez in Mexico. Mr. Chacon is employed as a Human Resource Officer with Becton Dickinson. Mr. Chacon joined the Governing Board in 2016 and has two children enrolled in Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts.
- Mr. Carlos Kaplan, Vice President. Mr. Kaplan earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin. Mr. Kaplan is self-employed with First Finance, Kaplan Mortgage. His volunteer work includes serving as the Lions Club Director, and the Jewish Federation. Mr. Kaplan joined the Governing board in 2003.
- Mr. Stanley Esparza, Board Member. Mr. Esparza earned an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from The University of Texas at El Paso. Mr. Esparza is employed as an Information Technologies Specialist with C3i Solutions. In 2006, at the National Homeless Management Information System Conference, Mr. Esparza received the Annual Homeless Assessment Report Award for his work with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. Mr. Esparza joined the Governing Board in 2013.
- Mr. Chad Friedrichsen, Board Member. Mr. Friedrichsen earned two undergraduate degrees in Web Design and Software from the University of Phoenix and Western Governors University respectively. Additionally, Mr. Friedrichsen earned a graduate degree in I.T. Management from Western Governors University. Mr. Friedrichsen is employed as an I.T. Specialist with Americas. Mr. Friedrichsen joined the Governing Board in 2018 and has one child enrolled at Vista Del Futuro Charter School.
- Mr. Pedro Velazco, Board Member. Mr. Velazco received an undergraduate degree in Engineering in Electronics from Technological Institute of Ciudad Juárez in Mexico, and he earned a graduate degree in Business Administration from Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education in Mexico. Mr. Velazco is employed as a Senior Manager of Engineering with Becton Dickinson. Mr. Velazco joined the Governing Board in 2019 and has one child enrolled at Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts.
- Ms. Gladis Gonzalez, Board Member. Ms. Gonzales is employed as a Business Travel Sales Manager at the Hotel Paso del Norte, Autograph Collection. In 2019, she was chosen to serve a two-year term as Chair for the Ambassador’s Committee at the El Paso Chamber. Gladys also volunteers with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program and the Southwest Transplant Alliance. She joined the Governing Board in 2020.
- Mr. Eric Summer, Board Member Emeritus. Mr. Summer earned an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Louisiana State University and a graduate degree in Computer Science from the University of Southern Mississippi. Mr. Summer is employed as a Senior Software Engineer with Excelis. Mr. Summer joined the Governing Board in 2014 and had one child enrolled in Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts who recently graduated.
Our Advisory Board Our Advisory Board is composed of parents, friends and supporters who believe in our vision and wish to share their expertise and experience with our leaders for the benefit of our students. Many on our Advisory Board have demonstrated interest in the Arts as well as in Technology and Science. They have assisted the District in implementing curriculum that enhances our students appreciation and understanding of these disciplines. Others have manifested their generosity in securing much-needed resources to implement these exciting program. If you are interested in serving as an Advisor to our District, please send us a letter describing your interests and commitment to serve.
Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
- Adopted 2020-2021 Budget – Burnham Wood Charter School District (DV, HB, LA)
- Adopted 2020-2021 Budget – Vista del Futuro Charter School District (VDF)
- Financial Statements/Financial Report for FY 2018
- TEA Superintendent Salary Report
- 2019-2020: $140,000.00