Our BoardOur distinguished community leaders have shown their commitment to improving education by their hours of service, their sound advice and guidance, as well as their unwavering confidence in the school leadership.
- Rogelio Chacon, President. Mr. Chacon earned an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Technological Institute of Ciudad Juárez in Mexico. Mr. Chacon is employed as a Human Resource Officer with Becton Dickinson. Mr. Chacon joined the Governing Board in 2016 and has two children enrolled in Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts.
- Mr. Carlos Kaplan, Vice President. Mr. Kaplan earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin. Mr. Kaplan is self-employed with First Finance, Kaplan Mortgage. His volunteer work includes serving as the Lions Club Director, and the Jewish Federation. Mr. Kaplan joined the Governing board in 2003.
- Mr. Stanley Esparza, Board Member. Mr. Esparza earned an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from The University of Texas at El Paso. Mr. Esparza is employed as an Information Technologies Specialist with C3i Solutions. In 2006, at the National Homeless Management Information System Conference, Mr. Esparza received the Annual Homeless Assessment Report Award for his work with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. Mr. Esparza joined the Governing Board in 2013.
- Mr. Pedro Velazco, Board Member. Mr. Velazco received an undergraduate degree in Engineering in Electronics from Technological Institute of Ciudad Juárez in Mexico, and he earned a graduate degree in Business Administration from Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education in Mexico. Mr. Velazco is employed as a Senior Manager of Engineering with Becton Dickinson. Mr. Velazco joined the Governing Board in 2019 and has one child enrolled at Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts.
- Ms. Gladis Gonzalez, Board Member. Ms. Gonzales is employed as a Business Travel Sales Manager at the Hotel Paso del Norte, Autograph Collection. In 2019, she was chosen to serve a two-year term as Chair for the Ambassador’s Committee at the El Paso Chamber. Gladys also volunteers with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program and the Southwest Transplant Alliance. She joined the Governing Board in 2020.
- Mr. Joe Gonzalez, Board Member. Mr Gonzalez has been the president of First Alert for 25 years. His profession provides service to Mexico and to the United States. Volunteers as a Scoutmaster to a local Boy Scout troop (Troop 4) and volunteers as a coach at Da Vinci School for Science and the Arts. His son attended Burnham Wood Charter Schools since 2009.
- Mr. Eric Summer, Board Member Emeritus. Mr. Summer earned an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Louisiana State University and a graduate degree in Computer Science from the University of Southern Mississippi. Mr. Summer is employed as a Senior Software Engineer with Excelis. Mr. Summer joined the Governing Board in 2014 and had one child enrolled in Da Vinci School for Science & the Arts who recently graduated.
Our Advisory Board is composed of parents, friends and supporters who believe in our vision and wish to share their expertise and experience with our leaders for the benefit of our students. Many on our Advisory Board have demonstrated interest in the Arts as well as in Technology and Science. They have assisted the District in implementing curriculum that enhances our students appreciation and understanding of these disciplines. Others have manifested their generosity in securing much-needed resources to implement these exciting program. If you are interested in serving as an Advisor to our District, please send us a letter describing your interests and commitment to serve.
- Adopted 2018-2019 through 2022-2023 Budgets – Burnham Wood Charter School District (DV, HB, LA)
- Adopted 2018-2019 through 2022-2023 Budgets – Vista del Futuro Charter School District (VDF)
- Financial Statements/Financial Report for FY 2021
- TEA Superintendent Salary Report
- 2022-2023: $150,000.00