The Child Nutrition Program offers free and reduced price meals to eligible students. The Multi-Child Free and Reduced-Price School Meals Application must be completed by each household to determine program eligibility. This page gives a link for downloading and printing the application. Please read the letter, complete the application and return to your child’s campus office.
We are required to collect an application from each household and determine program eligibility. The information our designated nutrition program staff collect is kept confidential and will not be shared with any person or organization other than the Texas Department of Agriculture, as required.
Only aggregate data is provided to Texas Department of Agriculture, not individual/family information. If you have any questions, call your child’s school and ask for child nutrition program staff. They will assist you with questions you may have about the application or program.
In an effort to update students’ files and provide food substitutions to students with food allergies, we are requesting your cooperation in obtaining records showing your child is allergic to certain foods.
If you wish for the School Child’s Nutrition Program to make food substitutions for the foods your child needs to avoid, please have your childs physician complete, sign, and return the following form.
According to District Policy, dietary modifications will be addressed 48 hours after the form has been returned to the school office.
Please understand in compliance with Texas Department of Agriculture Rules the school is unable to provide food substitutions or modifications without a diet order/prescription signed by a physician. Thank you in advance for your cooperation as we work to ensure all students with food allergies receive the proper food substitution.
Students are not permitted to bring caffeinated beverages, including energy drinks and coffee (hot or cold) to school. These drinks contain additional sugar and caffeine which can lead to poor concentration and increased classroom disruptions.
Drinking these beverages is not in alignment with the Child Nutrition Program, and carrying hot drinks around the building is a safety hazard.
We appreciate your adherence to this District policy as we continue to enforce the guidelines of the Texas Public School Nutrition Program.
- Multi-Child Application (HB)
- Multi-Child Application (DV)
- Multi-Child Application (VDF)
- Solicitud para Niños Varios (HB)
- Solicitud para Niños Varios (DV)
- Solicitud para Niños Varios (VDF)
- Nutrition Charge Policy (HB and DV)
- Nutrition Charge Policy (VDF)
- Students with Special Dietary Needs
- Wellness Policy
- Students who are participating in the Child Nutrition Program may arrive for breakfast every morning at the designated time.
- Parents can prepay a minimum of 15-day increments at their child’s office or prepay online. Information is available at each campus or parents can visit Myschoolbucks.com website and register online to prepay. Paying students must maintain a minimum account balance of fifteen days’ worth of meals, and parents will be contacted if the balance drops below that amount. If the student does not have enough money to cover a school meal, the office will contact the parent to bring the student a lunch, make a payment at the office that same day, or make an online payment and provide the office with the transaction number that same day. The District cannot provide students with a school meal until the account is current. No charging is permitted and money is not accepted in the serving line. See the monthly menu for more information.
- Teachers will be taking the lunch count in their classrooms.
- If you forget to send a lunch with your child or you have not pre-paid online or at a school campus, the office will call you and you must arrange to have a lunch brought to your child. The office will not send someone to pick up a lunch for your child.
- Parents should send lunch with their children rather than bring it during the morning. The Office staff cannot interrupt classes to deliver lunches. Parents will not be permitted to deliver lunches to the classroom.
- Please pack lunches very carefully, and be sure they are properly labeled.
- Remember that the students do not have access to a refrigerator, and we want to be sure that lunches are safe for the children to eat.
- Please send non-perishable foods, sandwiches, etc. Carbonated beverages and candy should NOT be included in lunches.
- Do not send food which must be heated in a microwave